My 9 yr old keeps having stomach pains.

Could she be starting her period soon? I know I was 10 when I started. Every time she has a pain she poops. This is the same thing that happened to me. Sorry I just don't want her to grow up yet.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would call the doctor and ask, maybe they can offer some advice or may want to see her in the office just to be sure.
    Barcelonalove

Answer by Barcelonalove at 10:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• She could definitally be getting he period! It could also just be constipation too. Try upping her fiber and if that doesn't help at all, it's probably her period. If that period doesn't come soon and the pain doesn't stop though you may want to have her checked out.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 12:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Could be lactose intolerance or IBS

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• maybe something she ate gave her diahrreah
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My daughter is now 12 years old. She started developing around 9 years. She has had some pain...and no cycle yet. My mom calls it the "phantom cycle". The signs are all there to have a cycle, but the cycle just doesn't cause blood yet. She remembers me having the same symptoms. There are also a type of migraines that start in the stomach. She has suffered this year with the real migraines. If there are a history of migraine headaches in the family it could be a possibility. I would track her symptoms around the time of her stomach pain and see if they are consistent. My daughter is also a bit lactose intolerant. Good luck.
    JennlovesJesus

Answer by JennlovesJesus at 2:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• She could have a bowel obstruction, which is what my 8-year old goes through. Make sure she cuts down on cheese, ups her fiber, and drinks plenty of water. When you take her to the doctor, have them do an X-ray of her abdomen and that will tell you.
    jgramos1978

Answer by jgramos1978 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Are they "stomach pains" or is the actual pain lower and more in keeping with what you would expect of menstrual cramps? If they are more the latter than the former and she has already progressed through the basic milestones leading up to her first period (from breast buds to pubic hair and vaginal discharge, etc) then it could well be her body preparing to menstruate. If she lacks that development, then it is likely not related to her nearing menarche.
    MistyandZoesMom

Answer by MistyandZoesMom at 7:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2010