Is it normal to spot in your first trimester?

babygirl41077

Asked by babygirl41077 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, you mayeven spot your entire pregnancy . I did with my first and my doctor said its just normal for some woman, only be concerned if it becomes alot of blood or sever abnormal cramping.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 12:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yeah it is. I did with my first and with this one I actually filled my underwear up with blood and I freaked out but there was no clots and there was no cramping with it and when I went to the doctor they said I was fine that it was just some implantation bleeding but it was a lot. He said unless I was passing clots and cramping with it as if I was trying to go into labor then I was fine. Some I have heard spot their whole pregnancy. I wouldn't be concerned unless it's severe cramping or a lot of blood like the first answer said.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i did with my first child. i don't know if it is normal though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• While for many women spotting occurs and the pregnancy continues on fine, doctors consider all bleeding during pregnancy a "threatened" misscarriage. DO NOT stress yourself out about it though. It happens to many women, and has happened to me and everything turned out okay. It is something that you need to discuss with you doctor though. They will likely give you an ultrasound/doppler reading which should help put you at ease about it.
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 12:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I spotted with my pregnancies. It's normal, but scary. There can be a number of reasons why you would spot, so it's always best to call your doctor any time you see blood. Good luck you you!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was pregnant two times with spotting early. The first time ended up being ectopic,the second time ended being healthy baby. It is quite common, but you should let your doc know right away. There is always a small chance of miscarriage or ectopic.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010