Being Catholic and watching Star Wars....this is for fun too...

My DH watches the Star Wars movies and I have noticed something when I watch them. Whenever someone says "and the force be with you" I find my self waiting for SOMEONE to say "and also with you". It never happens and it makes me kinda crazy LOL. Anyone else?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL, Ive waited for that a time or two myself as well.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• LOL - yes! I went to a Catholic high school when the movies first came out and we use to joke about that in the halls.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 12:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Perfectly normal - it's how you pick all the (current and former) Catholics out of the crowd. Kind of like going to a wedding or funeral and watching all the people who can't figure out when to sit stand kneel.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes it's happened to me too :)
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• LMAO! I have done that!! I totally get it. If fact my Dh says it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• U should do it at church for a chuckle...see if your neighbor notices

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My "And also with you" Story:

When I was in grade school, we had a visiting priest one week. This was the early days of wireless mics, and he was having issues with his. The Good Father having arrived at the altar at the beginning of Mass turned to the acolyte and said "There's something wrong with this mic." To which the whole congregation, having heard him say *something* but not knowing WHAT he said, answered back "And also with you." Oh he turned PURPLE he was laughing so hard! The acolyte and altar boys, too! So then the priest belts out in a large, projecting theater voice, "I SAID...THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS MIC. aND APPARENTLY ALSO WITH ME!" And we all joined in the laugh.

...he probably still tells that story!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• lol Do you extend your hand by habit too? lol JK
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• HAHAHAHA...ok GOOD! I was kinda wondering if it was just me :)
    momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Haha, I'm not Catholic anymore (I was introduced to God through the Catholic faith, its where my religious experience started), but I find myself doing the same thing. Except I can't stop at "and also with you", the rest of it goes through my head, too, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010