What is your opinion of Mars exploration? Should we continue?

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 12:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Mine is not a popular opinion but yes.

Aside from continuing to explore the earth and everything we have yet to discover here (extreme deep seas etc); I feel space exploration is just as vital. I think there are plenty of ways for them to scale back certain programs in order to keep the majority running. No one needs a $400 hammer or toilet seat; seriously cut the fat from all these bloated inflated budgets and spend money like the rest of us do.

What we gain medically; scientifically; and yes even what we're able to learn about our own humanity IMO far outweigh the monetary costs...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes! We need to get in space! And if part of getting in space is exploring Mars and the moon, then I am all for it. I think space exploration is important.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Maybe later, NOT RIGHT NOW! But I been saying that for YEARS...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• waste of time, money, and effort
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes. Knowledge is the key to out future.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not with the current economic situation. If they can do it with donated money and bake sales then go for it!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have mixed emotions myself. I think we need to definitely do more exploration, but not now, in this economic climate.
    mancosmomma

Comment by mancosmomma (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No. I'm all for knowledge but at this point there are bigger problems than when water flowed on Mars. And I have yet to figure out what the answer to that question or looking at oddly shaped rock formations, which my husband happily showed me pictures of over the weekend, will do for us medically or even scientifically.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• To what end? Will it actually be helpful at any point? With the budget issues, I would rather them suspend the Mars exploration than the space shuttle missions.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Once we have world peace, have ended world hunger, and have cures for every illness then maybe, now, HECK NO!
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 6:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010