Reposted from lastnight: Can you help me? For serious believers ONLY...

I grew up in an Independant Baptist church. As I got older maybe 13 or 14 I decided I was not going to be forced to go to church. I was going to make my own decisions. Well to make a long story a little shorter, I became sexually active around that age & pregnant at 16. I wound up having 3 children out of wedlock, living with men (unmarried). I lived with my now husband for 8 years unmarried 2 of my children I had out of wedlock belong to him. I am now pregnant with my 4th child. Now that I am in my late 20's looking back I regret how I have lived my life and how I have brought up my children! I want my children to know Christ but how can I lead them if I don't REALLY know him. I believe in God, but that's not enough! I need to change my life. I need to build my life, home and family around God. How? What do I need to do to become a better Christian, how to be a better Christian mom? I need help! I feel like I am drowning!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Church for fellowship and strong teaching from a man knowledgable in the Word

Reading the Bible and applying it to your life

Prayer
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 1:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Have you started going back to church? Children learn best by example - if they see you at least making an effort, they will get it in time. Even if you have some learning to do, if you take them to church they will be learning while you learn. I would recommend you get involved in a church - not just on Sundays, but in a Bible Study as well (if you can't attend one due to child care conflicts, at least buy a book [Beth Moore has some good ones for women] and do it on your own). Pray and tell God pretty much what you wrote - that you have some regrets and you want to ask forgiveness, also ask Him to help you be a better Christian and guide you in your decisions regarding your children. All things are possible through Christ!

Answer by missanc at 1:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• One of the amazing things about our Saviour is that he always forgives and gives us another chance! Start going back to church. Every morning when you get up, take a few minutes and read your Bible and pray. Start your day on the right foot! Has there ever been a time in your life when you turned from sin, and to the Lord, and Him alone for salvation? That is the VERY first step! If you have any questions, feel free to message me! Also.....go to youtube and search When God Ran by the Kingsmen....it's really good!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 1:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Maybe you and your children can go on this search together? I would go to different churches and pray about what each teaches to find one that you feel your Heavenly Father wants you to go to. Pray to know the truth.
    Start out by reading your scripture and saying personal prayers. Communicate with Heavenly Father and keep your heart and mind open to personal revelation which, if you seek you can have, for yourself and for your children. Start suggesting prayers over meals, and family prayers. Pray with your children individually when they go to sleep as well as all together. Encourage them to pray on thier own and read scriptures on thier own as well. As you search the scriptures and commune with Him in prayer your heart will be softened and you can make changes in your life as well. Choose to work on one thing at a time. Pray to Him often when you are in need of strength. They always say listen 2x as much as you speak :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh so there you are. I remember your question. I answered. Have a great day.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh I see if you ask God he will help you,that's exactly what he wants to hear. I want the same thing in life. With all the evil stuff in the world now and believe me it will get worse. That the only way to live now. I look at it like this why live in this wicked world just to bust hell wide open. Not me no way I want to go to heaven.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• cont....because you have two ears and only one mouth! lol
    Seek people around you that will encourage you, and uplift you.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Here's what I learned in 30 years in the church. Don't ask the questions that are hanging there in the back of your mind about christianity. Turn off your brain and just believe EVERYTHING that church leaders tell you about the bible and god. Under no circumstances actually READ the entire bible, as it will tell you what a prejudiced, tempermental, judgmental person Jesus REALLY was and what a blood-thirsty, self-centered prick Yahweh actually was. Deny the truth at all times since it is damaging to faith. Consider yourself better than all wrong-believers or non-believers. Obsess constantly about your "sins". Do all of this and you will be the ideal christian. Good luck.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Find a church with a good childrens program. With it being summer there should be some vacation bible schools going on--see if you can sign them up somewhere--that way it's a fun introduction to church for them. Contemporary services can be fun for kids and adults lots of activities and music. And if you're really stuck, when you find a church talk to the pastor about the questions you have or where to go from there. Good Luck!
    WendyJR

Answer by WendyJR at 1:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Find a church that teaches the Bible. Take the children to Sunday School. Get yourself involved with other moms who are believers. Ask for a mentor, some older Christian lady who has been walking with God for a long time and who will give you advice and guidance in your life. Read the Bible on your own. There are literally millions of good books available that will help you, too. Go to your local Christian bookstore and ask them to recommend books on topics that are of a particular interest to you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010