is it the formula?? or is she sick??

about a week and a half ago we swtiched my dd's formula bc she has reflux really bad...has since she was born...since weve changed her formula she is constantly hungry and doesnt want her baby food as much anymore (shes 6mths old)...weve upped the ounces of formula but she still is always hungry and always fussy...she also wont go to sleep wihtout a bottle...something we have never had to do with her to get her to sleep....her spitup is now like slimy too...not sure of how else to explain it...do you think shes sick bc of the slimy spitup even though shes not running fever or is she just not agreeing with the milk???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My guess would be that its the change in formula. WHY are you letting her sleep with a bottle!?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well is her reflux better? Maybe she is just hungry now! If she is stilll having issues with reflux,, you need to talk to doc about trying something new,, soy formula does make a more slimy spit up,,,,,She should just NOW be trying cereal, not regualr babyfood yet,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• she doesnt sleep with a bottle....im holding her feeding her...when she dozes off i replace it with her paci...but its the ONLY way shell calm down and go to sleep....weve tried everything that has worked before...like i said this is the first time shes been like this...thats why im not sure why

maddie12284

Answer by maddie12284 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'd check with the pediatrician if you're concerned. That said, growth spurts in infants come at 3's. 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, etc. She could be hungry more often because she's coming into a growth spurt.

That said, as a parent with a child that has food allergies, my gut response is always to ask a doctor when there's a sudden change in norm in concurrence with the introduction of a new food. But, like I said, I'm biased. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'd certainly want to check in with the Dr on this one.
    However, is it possible that she is teething? That would explain a lot of the things you describe.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was thinking food allergy too. What kind of formula is it? What kind did you change from? If it's for reflux is it the Similac Sensitive RS?
    victoriousmommy

Answer by victoriousmommy at 7:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would think it would be either a growth spurt or the formula. I would recommend talking to the Pediatrician!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2010