Have you filed a complaint against the USPS?

LONG story, so I won't go into it - I need to file a complaint against a specific post office & the postmaster. I have looked online and called the 800 number. Can't find anything, so I did a general complaint online last week - so response. Have you filed a complaint against the USPS? How did you do it? Did you get a respsponse?
PLEASE HELP!! SERIOUS QUESTION AMONGST ALL THIS MESSY NEW POINT ACTIVITY!!!! PLEASE REPLY WITH SERIOUS ANSWERS!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
I am posting this twice...***sigh, I know!!!

smokeybear

Asked by smokeybear at 1:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, twice. The first time, I wasn't contacted by USPS until long after the problem was resolved. The second time, nothing.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have before...about 2 months ago someone was stealing my netflix dvds and other mail out of the mailbox...I filed an online complaint and called the 800 number...Nothing happened, no response...I changed the mailing address on my Netflix account and on the other pieces of mail that were being taken...Really fustrating
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, I filed one online about a specific postal carrier, about 5 or 6 years ago. I got a response, probably within a week or so.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Do you live close enough to the post office to go in and file a complaint? Many times you can speak to the postmaster directly or a front line supervisor. The USPS has a data base now, like so many companies. I believe its located in Denver. So any complaints go through there first, hence the 800 number. Every single complaint does go through a computer system and does end up at the post ofc of origin, and then onto the front line supervisor to deal with. Try again, sometimes the computers are slow to process. Is this concerning mis-deliveries, lost mail, or an accountable piece? If you have a tracking number you can look up the item on-line to see where it is in the system. Good luck and hope you get the answers you need
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I personally haven't, but our next door neighbors did on our & their own behalf. Our then mail carrier was refusing to deliver our mail if there were any cars parked on the street anywhere near the mailboxes b/c the driver didn't want to walk. However, there is only street parking here (no driveways) and we have a sidewalk (postal carriers are not allowed to drive up onto the sidewalk to get to a mailbox), plus our neighbors are both disabled. Our neighbor didn't bother with our local postmaster, instead he wrote directly to the postmaster general in the big city nearby. All the mail that comes to our local post office must first go through the big city's post office & the post master general is in charge of all of the local post offices. Anyway, the result of the letter to the post master general was that our postal carrier was fired. We have a new carrier now who is excellent.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I graduated college in 2001 and they hand a fake degree at the ceremony, then mail the original. When I received my degree in a thick cardboard envelope that read "DO NOT BEND!" in bright red lettering, it was folded practically in half in my mailbox! I immediately began bawling, hopped in my car and drove to the P.O. I met face-to-face with the postmaster trying to explain through my sobs that I worked so long and hard, and spent thousands of dollars to obtain this piece of paper that is now creased and folded. She was very understanding, claimed that there had been other complaints, and offered to pay the fees to have it reprinted. That mailman must've been replaced immediately b/c we had a new delivery person thereafter.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010