Will you be going to your town's fireworks this year?

My kids aren't super into it so I think we'll wing it and decide that day. It's just such a damn zoo that I hate schlepping there if no one is gung ho for it, kwim?

What about you? Are you going? Does your town even do fireworks? (Ours was cut from budget but residents raised money for it)

deadheadjen

Asked by deadheadjen at 1:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I will be going.
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yup..I love our fireworks....it is one of the few things left around to do in our town that are "free"
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 1:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• no fireworks are illegal almost everywhere in my area. Theres major firework shoes like one in seattle but over 50,000 people will be there so we arent going to deal with the traffic since we live over an hours from seattle but thats the closet firework show to us
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• *shows
    mommy_of_two388

• We are going to lay on my bed and watch them. We live three blocks away from the park where they light them off. We don't see the ground display, but we figure since we can watch them for free it is a fine trade off.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes I will be going. I HAVE to see fireworks every 4th because it's also my Bday.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My community already had theirs this past weekend (Community Day) - it was soo nice. Not too crowded and not on the actual holiday when lots of people will be out and about and drinking!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope, we will be out of town but we are going to shoot off our own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No. Every time we try to go it's a pure disaster... We'll just watch them from home.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I just saw a poster for it on my way to work this morning. I would consider it, but we're going out of town for the 4th. I will watching the fireworks off the pier in Surfside Beach, South Carolina! I think it'll be a little bit better than my hometown show. ; )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010