Easy lunch ideas for a 4 year old and a 1 year old.

I need some new lunch ideas for my 2 kids, besides Mac & Cheese, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, hot dogs blah blah....My 1 year old is just now getting used to texture. My 4 year old is VERY picky he doesnt like rice or potatoes he does like veggies (which is a good thing) lol. He won't eat tuna. Help me please someone...I am out of ideas and I know my kids get tired of eating the same things. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried hummus? Peanut butter and/or jelly? Tortilla wraps? You can put all sorts of things in tortillas, and the little one can eat those by themselves and they come in different flavors. Healthy Choice soup is a great option, too.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't know what all your one year old is eating...it's a pretty transitional time, but my son was eating a lot of small pieces of table food by then.
    *You could try shish kabobs...get chicken, pineapple, marchino cherries and Hawaiian marinade to soak them in, then grill them. It's really good and easy.
    *Pasta salad with all kinds of veggies and maybe chunks of ham in it for protein could be an idea.
    *Beans...my son loves four bean salad. Maybe do that with some turkey burgers?
    *Baked potatoes with cheese and broccoli? Your one year old could have pieces of the potato...and the broccoli too, as long as it was mushy and cut real small

Good luck..I hate trying to come up with ideas! It just gets old after a while! lol
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010