When to get off the bottle?

At what age did you get your LO off the bottle and how did you go about transitioning ? I want to get my LO who is almost 1 off the bottle but everyone tells me he's too little and I should try to keep him on the bottle a little while longer. He is not yet walking, we have tried the sippy cup but just doesn't like it, any advice? he is able to drink off regular cups but still wakes up once/twice in the middle of the night.

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 1:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put only formula in the bottle, and when you introduce cows milk put it in the cup. That way as you gradually wean him off the formula you are also weaning him off the bottle. I have heard that by 15 months is a good time to have them 100 % off the bottle.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had my daughter weaned by 1 and my son weaned off the bottle by 1 1/2
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My daycare wanted them weaned by 1. They couldn't go into the 1 year old room with a bottle. I hated them. We didn't last there long.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• How exactly did you waned them off the bottle? I guess that's what I need help with.
    LuvmyFam6

Comment by LuvmyFam6 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010