Have you ever had elevated liver enzymes?

Have you ever had blood work come back showing high ALT and AST numbers? Did you have to have an abdominal ultrasound? Either way what was the outcome?

BandME

Asked by BandME at 1:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• I didn't, but my sister did. She had a partial molar pregnancy and he was a tripoid (too much dna). He (the baby) had to be delivered at 19 weeks and some odd days and he lived for about 15 minutes. He was 8 1/2 inches long, and weighed around 7 1/2 ounces. Since he was born alive they had to do a birth certificate and death certificate. After delivery her liver enzymes were still way too high. She knew something was wrong because she kept vomiting. I would keep this in mind, maybe bring it up with your OB.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm assuming you are pregnant?
    badgirl44654

• Yes, I had major Gall Bladder pains and a few attacks. I started to feel the pain when I was pregnant and I thought it was very bad gas. About 10 mos after my DS was born, the pain increased and I finally had an attack that I almost fainted with the pain. I went to the ER and my liver enzymes were very elevated. They did an ultrasound of my gall Bladder and found that was the problem. I had a lot of stones. I had surgery a few days later to remove it and when I went to the Hospital, I was actually Yellow including the whites of my eyes. It was gross. The bile from my liver backed up. Since having it removed, I feel Great and no more pain.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• embarrassedNo, I'm not pregnant. Hopefully I posted in the right place

BandME

Comment by BandME (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thank you badgirl44654, I had my baby 2 months ago, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm sorry about your sister's baby.
    BandME

Comment by BandME (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks ILovemyPaulie, I actually don't have my gallbladder anymore, but I can't help but wonder if there is a problem with some of the duct's that are left. Glad you got some relief, mine was causing major pain also.
    BandME

Comment by BandME (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• no but my husband did and had to be tested for multiple myloma, which is a type of cancer..he had to have a bone biopsy and bone marrow aspiration, which both came back negative thankfully. He will have to be rechecked periodically but they do not know why they were elevated.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 2:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• my son did, when he was about 7 months old. He was also having some weight gain problems. Blood test after blood test, was all the doctors "could do" and he eventually got over it. Looking back, I wonder if it was rsv because he has pale stools which smelled really bad. I dont think they tested for that.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You posted in the right place. I just assumed you are pregnant. Good luck though, hope all goes well.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2010