My daughter will be a year old on july 18...

Ive been giving her whole milk since yesterday,and save formula bottles for the morning and night time,should I stop until shes 1 year?or keep giving it,nothing has seemed wrong since ive given it to her,anything I should watch for?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 1:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would still give her mostly formula for the next three weeks. One or two milk bottles are fine, but that formula is important.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• also she eats yogurt,and is on solid foods,if that helps...
    mommy16love

Comment by mommy16love (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would just keep giving it to her. Only thing I would watch for is if she is still having bowel movements.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Only formula in the bottle, cows milk in the cup. That way you wean off the bottle as you wean off the formula.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would try to give more formula than milk, just because of developmental purposes. You are very close to her birth day though so I wouldn't worry too much. Just do not give up on formula completely until her birthday. The formula has many more vitamins and minerals than the whole milk which is why it is suggested for a full year. Congratulations and happy early birthday to your daughter!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My daughter will be a year on August 13th. She has been drinking whole milk for the last two weeks. Her doctor okayed it since she is eating all solids and still nursing right before bed and once during the night. I also agree with put the milk in sippy cups and save formula for just bottles. That is what I did with my boys and it was really easy then to get rid of the bottle at a year.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Keep the formula goinbg till a year :) The bottles you can get rid of if you want to. If she drinks well from a cup. My son turned 1 yesterday and i am throwing out the bottles tomorrow :) They want the bottle gone by a year.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010