If you are home schooling......

....and have family who are against home schooling. How did you tell them to back off, without causing huge issues?

RheaF

Asked by RheaF at 1:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's so funny that you posted this question, because I just made a post about this in one of my groups! lol. My entire family is against me homeschooling my kids. I have just basically told everyone in the family that they are MY kids, and it is MY decision whether or not I homeschool them. I still get the smart ass comments, especially from my dad, but the progress that I see my kids making is what keeps me going. I know I am doing what is best for my family, and no one is going to make me feel bad about it anymore!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm fortunate enough that none of my family is really against home-schooling. In fact I am kind of starting a trend in the family. Two of my sisters are now considering home-schooling their kids, based on my success.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sorry you are having a hard time with other people. I would get any research you can find and show it to them. Especially show them the facts on violence in schools. (LOL...I shouldn't be saying this as a public school teacher...shhhh)
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010