What do the people of Britain and the UK think about this oil spill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i am in the uk, its a complete disgrace, those poor creatures and beautiful scenery .. more should be done!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This is an interesting question. I wonder what they think of BP's handling of the situation, as well as what they think of the US government's handling of the situation.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ha San78- It's easy to say more should be done. What do you propose should be done?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't know why it posted anon but I asked it. I live down here and it's heart breaking. First the hurricane and now this. Majority of people down here have had an irritated type cough since about 2 weeks after it happened. I am disgusted with everyone and so many factors in this situation. The first 6 pages of our metro newspaper talked about what the people affected by Exxon Valdez had to say to us. Of course there was nothing encouraging. 21 years after that spill and oil is still photographed coming ashore. Imagine watching your job, your livelihood, your lifestyle, multiple family generations, and your life long heritage being destroyed and never knowing when or if you will get it back. This is by far worse then losing everything in Katrina. If a storm hits the gulf near LA, I'm done. It's 10 miles from entering the water I live on.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 3:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I really just wanted to know what the people of Britain think about the situation. Recently Helen miran(sp?) who is british was blasted by the British because she said the situation was despicable and BP stood for Blood piss poor in her eyes. It made me think about what everyone else thought of the situation since it's hitting too close to home.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 3:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wonder if they think we are trying to blame a British company for an American problem? I wonder if they hold BP to high standards and expectations of responsibility? I think they probably react the same we do when events happen far from our country and we aren't really able to actually do some hands-on helping.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010