Did you lost your friend? after getting pregnant?

I DID!
friendship is something i don't know anymore, i had alot of friends but after i got pregnant all my friends vanish, some of the girls i used to call best friend they don't talk to me because it's like everybody will start judge them to!
I have my daughter and i'm happy , but everybody need friends... i feel so lonely here....I live in my auntie house with her and her husband and two children, but they are like 6 and 4. i spend my time working to support my child, i help to clean, but none of this make me less lonely... i try to focus in my future and my daughter future to, but the friends i dream in my future they don't exist at this moment.
i never thought i would be like this, talking about not have any friends to talk...
maybe i choose the wrong friends or maybe the problem is me. because everybody think i'm a bad example! i'm not the only one right? I LOST FRIEND and my mom don't even let my bro and sis talk to m

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I am a firm believer that those who are true friends will still be there no matter what happens in your lives. I lost a lot of 'friends' whom I knew were only 'party' friends. I wasn't dilusional about it. Some people serve a certain purpose in life and when they fufill that, they move on. I have friends that I know if I want to get drunk, I can call them. I have friends that if I want to go on weekend getaway, they will be there. I have friends (2) that I can share my deepest secrets and fears. You will learn that with having a child comes a new group of friends.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It happens pretty often. I still have my friends but they dont call to go out anymore. i guess cuz they figure I wont wanna go or dont have a sitter. But dont think that this is ur fault in anyway!! Once u have kids and ur friends dont they kinda feel like u dont have that much in common anymore. But u must let them know that u are the same person and u enjoy doing the same things. Im sorry that u feel so lonely. Now that ur a mommy maybe look into a mommies group in ur area. If ur friends dont understand how u feel and take the intiative to be there for u then they are not the kinda people u need to keep around....Good Luck!!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I lost many friends when I was pregnant. Really showed me who my true friends were. Now when I bump into them it is nothing more than a "hey how are you, i'm fine how are you, good, great to see you!"..then we part ways-type of relationship.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i lost a couple of friends, my best friend or "so-called best friend" was jeleaus because she had wanted to be pregnant for awhile and she stopped talking to me when she wasnt pregnant and i was. i think its common because alot of people dont want the responsibility, i also lost a bunch of friends when i got married... people just need to grow up!
    Paige-0

Answer by Paige-0 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i can understand, while people can be so fake. hey can pretende to be your friend, until they see is not good for them to see with you and than they stop being your friend!
    i wouldn't do this to them, but i can't begg for friendship, but i just feel so lonely! i don't go out anymore,i don't have girls talk anymore. but i don't regret my choise to have my baby, because she changed the way i live my life.
    Sofiah

Comment by Sofiah (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010