IUD and 2 week periods?

i had the iud put in a little over a year ago and up to now my periods have been fairly normal... the last few periods have been about 1.5 to 2 weeks long... i can still feel the strings and i dont have much cramping... is this normal and have you experienced this problem... what has been your experience with it. i just get worried something might be wrong i dont remember it being this long but my fiance says it was that way last time... maybe i just dont remember because i was so happy for it to be over...

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 2:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• If you have paraguard or the copper T, they should have warned you about the crazy periods. All my friends who have the Copper T or Paraguard (not sure if they are the same) have horrible bloody periods & they last a while.

I have the Mirena IUD & after having it in for 2 years, i have practically no period at all. LOVE IT! But, Mirena is different, instead of making your periods heavier like the copper T, it makes them lighter.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i have the mirena IUD and its usally light like my periods arent really heavy they are just lasting 1.5 - 2 weeks i only really need to switch out like 2 times a day with the light tampons ...but it seems like its almost done and gets rid of the brown gunck but then starts back up with red and does that for a while
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010