can two different brands of formula be mixed together as long as they are both milk based?

2boysmommi

Asked by 2boysmommi at 2:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't reccomend it. Just mix up the first one till it's gone and then start using the second king.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yea I agree with PP. I wouldn't do it. Especially since it is recommended to slowly switch from one kind to another anyway.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I mixed in two formulas to switch my LO from a Name brand to a brand that was less costly, at about 6 months. What my pedi recommended me do was to mix half/half of each formula on the bottle until the one that I no longer used was gone. We did that and didn't have any problems, thank goodness.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would think you could. It's like mixing white & chocolate milk. Not sure about the taste though. Hope this helps! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Are you asking if you can dump the powder all in together so you only have to store one container, or are you asking if you can make up a bottle using two different types?

I wouldn't combine the powders because they can be a different volume so you wouldn't have the right ratio. -Putting a scoop of each in a bottle can help, though, if you're trying to switch brands
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 2:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I did. I got wic for a while but it wasnt enough so i got store brand also. I mixed them in a jar together and used them. I okayed it with my doc and she said it was ok. As did wic. They said that it shouldnt affect his stomach since he was over 6 months and thier stomachs are less sensitive. It didnt affect him in any way :) Jut to be sure though you could always ask your pedi :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i have mixed a little of diff brands before, so it wouldn't go to waste. it was fine
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 4:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I personally wouldn't... Some formulas have a different effect on babies.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010