• In the Spotlight:

have a good pickle recipe?

I have some fresh cucumbers from a garden and SO and I would like to try making some pickles. I havent had much luck finding a recipe...mind sharing of you have any?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• SO makes pickles quite often. He buys the pickling cucumbers from the store though. What he uses is Vinegar, pickling salt, and sugar. He said 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon sugar,per 3 cups of vinegar.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Quick pickles are EASY!!! They can not be kept long term, but for a quick and tasty treat they are awesome.

Use whatever herbs you like, add a couple cloves of garlic, a couple whole allspice, cloves, pepper corns, and mustard seeds.

Slice the cucumbers however you like, put them in a jar w/ the herbs & spices.

mix 5 parts vinegar with 2 parts water and add sugar or honey & salt to taste. Bring to boil in a small pot, pour over the cucumbers, seal and let sit in fridge for 24 hours.

Will keep for about a month to 6 weeks.

You can do this with almost any veggie!

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I dont have to use "pickling salt"?
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2010