Does anyone else really hate taking their kids to get shots?

I'm secure in my choice to get my son vaccinated, but he has to get some today, and I HATE it. I've been dreading it for days! He only cries for about 30 seconds...I think it bothers me more than him, lol.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 2:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have to take my LO for his 1 year check up in a few weeks, I am also dreading taking him, as a mommy I do think it has a more permanent damage on us then them :(
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I took my DD in a few weeks ago and she had to get 6. I cried more than she did!
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 2:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i hate it too. just recently though i had to take my 3 yr old and my 1 yr old to get blood drawn for lead testing and it was horrible. i had to hold them down, keep their arm straight so the lady can draw two viles and when i walked out the entire waiting room was staring at us. one guy said "i hope they don't do that to us" lol all i could do was say sorry, sorry sorry. and walked out the door lol. man, what an ordeal.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 2:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My boys are OK and will cooperate, but my daughter! She will start crying a few days before. We have to drag her out of the car. And she's big and strong. It's very hard. Then the doctor has to trap her into the corner while I hold her down and jams the needle wherever he can reach. All while she is hysterically flailing. She's 7 now. I hope she doesn't need anymore for a while. We can't take her to the dentist either. She does the same thing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yeah. I promise ice cream afterwards EVERYTIME so it gives my kids something to look forward too. I dont care if bribing for food is unPC. I want my sprinkles!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Worse things have happened. I feel much worse for the starving kids in 3rd world countries...
    "

Wow. I never said that worse things haven't happened. Why so rude?
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yeah. I promise ice cream afterwards EVERYTIME so it gives my kids something to look forward too. I dont care if bribing for food is unPC. I want my sprinkles!"

I think that is totally fine!!!! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• everytime my son gets shots he doesn't even cry !
    krystina888

Answer by krystina888 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010