sore throat for a week?

i know you aren't doctors, and i have an appointment today, but i've been sick for almost a week now, when it started i could feel my glands swelling, then i had a fever, body aches and just felt miserable, the next day i had a terrible sore throat (i wanted to remove my tonsils by myself) after 3 days all symptoms stopped except the sore throat, and now it's hard for me to breathe, has this happened to anyone else? what was it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• Sorry you have this I hope the doctor can help. I hate sore throats.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I just got over these same symptoms and it was a virus-lasted 2 weeks and a day or 2.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• gargle with warm water and peroxide
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 2:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• oops, i don't know why it went anon, i thought i just checked the box for it not to email me! anyways, im the OP, i wanted to add that i've tried gargling with salt water, peroxide and water, sore throat spray, throat lozenges...nothing works, i only get some relieve when i take asprin...and now my SO just called and is running late from his appointment and i don't know if i'll be able to reschedule :-/ just trying to figure out what it could be so i can get some relief!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010