Have you been to the movies recently?

Did you about have a Heart attack at the prices of Popcorn and Pop?!?! Geesh! No wonder people sneak in their snacks and drinks!

Mommy_0f_many

Asked by Mommy_0f_many at 2:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• I took my fam to go see Grown ups this weekend and LOL about bringing your own snacks, we do the same. I have a gigantic purse and we stop by the dollar store and by the candy, once we bought Panda express and tryied to shub it inside my purse, it was quite funny. My kids were all scared that they were going to "check my purse" and scared that we would get in trouble!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yeah, we eat just before or just after going. That crap is WAY too expensive.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yea they are a rip off. I need to start taking my own pickle atleast. I think they will hear me open a soda tho :-)
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope. The tickets and goodies are so expensive. It was $50 for my husband to take our oldest 2 to see a movie - a matinee showing - and get 1 large popcorn, 1 candy, and 1 large drink for the 3 of them to share! If it doesn't show in our small town ($3.00 tickets), we don't go anymore.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well, we also have the "Movie Purse" too. We just don't use it alot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• the last time we went was to see back up plan, and my husband and I spent $60 bucks!!! Its crazy just to go see a movie and we always go to the concession stand to get popcorn drinks and candy... it makes the movie better somehow lol... If we take our kids we usually spend 140... ugghh
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I took my daughters to see toy story 3. yes the pricing is outrageous! but we do have a "stimulus day" at our theater, it's on Tuesdays and you can get a large popcorn for a buck and a large pop for a buck, which is a really good deal!
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 2:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• LOL! We haven't been since last year. Well, now that was with my mom & sister seeing "My Sister's Keeper". DH & I last saw.....well, I can't remember, but I remember that we went out to eat afterwards. It was our anniversary. Oh, it was that Sandra Bullock movie about the foster son. BLIND SIDE. Goodness, I had to google it. So, NO, we don't go much. LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• we bring our own snacks and drinks - i have a large purse we call my "movie purse" LOL once we even brought in our McDonalds meals!
    Mommy_0f_many

Comment by Mommy_0f_many (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We eat before. I can sneak in a can of soda or bottle of water in my purse if I want to. Those big tubs of popcorn not only cost $6+, they pack 1000 calories or more! Its okay as a once in a while treat, but definitely not a regular thing.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010