Nasty fleas in my house!

So I don't have an animals, but there are fleas in my fricken house! We stayed at my bfs house (his moms house) and they have dogs, and I believe the dogs have fleas. They said that they can't come from there house bc they checked and there isn't any... well idk about that. But anyhow I bought house flea killer and have been spraying the house everyday and sweeping everyday, but yet they are still here! What should I do? I'm afraid my bfs moms house had them and everytime he comes to visit he is bring some with him. It's grossing me out BIG time, what should I do?!?!

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You might have to flea bomb your house. It's a huge hassle but sometimes its the only thing you can do. Flea eggs can live and hatch in your carpeting and bed. Sorry.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 2:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree. You have to bomb the house to take care of it.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Bomb our house. They either came for there dogs or a neighbors dog around you.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• WHAT LINDS2HORSe said. And dont let the animals back in the house.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• They can also be picked up from the yard, although if she has dogs that they came from her place is a good bet. I'd hire an exterminator. They would come in and spray along the walls, and you wouldn't have the chemicals all over from the bomb. In addition, if you got reinfested, depending on the contract, the company would come again. But check on the contract before assuming this.

Answer by Bmat at 3:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My x husband was in pest control. Vacuum is very important. You need to vacuum everything furniture and floors.  If it has a bag you need to throw it away.  If it is bag less clean it out outside.  In three days do it again. Then do it again in three more days to be sure.  The eggs will hatch every three days.  Make sure you clean the vacuum.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010