When would you let your daughter wear eyeliner do you think 14 is too young??

I wore it at 13 should I let my daughter wear it.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• if its not put on super thick,I think its ok.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, light make up is ok I think.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I know I wore it at 14 ... I'll probably teach my daughter how to wear it at 14 if she wants to
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My daughter is almost 14 and she is allowed to wear eyeliner and mascara and lip gloss. You just have to watch that she wears it in moderation, at my daughter's school girls wear like a pound of mascara, the thicker the eyelashes the better for them, that is the only thing that bothers me. But I think 13 and on is a good age.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• its up to you. if you feel comfortable with her wearing it then go ahead! My mom had strick rules. We were allowed to get our ears peirced at 12, lipstick at 13, eyeshadow at 14, so on. Just show her how to use it without it taking over! Gl
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If she wants to wear it, she's going to wear it whether you say yes or not. You can help her pick a good shade. My niece is blond and blue eyed and she wears black eyeliner. It looks so bad and harsh. It would be fine if she wore a softer shade. I think 14 is fine. All her friends probably do.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• umm you can if you are comfortable with it,but I think lip gloss eye shadow and glitter is more appropriate for a 14 yr old lol,well 2 yrs ago I was 14 and I put on alot more make up than that,I just dont want my daughter growing up too fast is all
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was allowed to wear make up at 14. Just as long as I didn't put too much on.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I love eyeliner, it's my most important makeup. I think 14 is okay. I'd go more by grade, i don't think you should wear make-up in elementary school.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I truly hope that I am able to impart my daughter with self love, respect, and that she will not feel the need to alter her appearance to appeal to people.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010