Question for my back to back moms...

How was it towards the end of your pregnancy taking care of your baby? Also how did your baby act when you brought your newborn home?

my boys are going to be 1 year and 2 weeks apart. What about yalls?

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine aren't exactly back to back. They are 1 year and 9 months apart. It all went really well for me. The only issue was breastfeeding my oldest while I got so big with my youngest. I ended up weaning him before my little one came. It all worked out well. Big brother loved and still loves his baby brother. Its almost seven months later and NOW there are signs of jealousy for attention. haha I thought it would be when I brought baby home. NOPE. Its when baby started crawling and getting more attention. I guess My oldest didn't see a sleeping baby as a threat. lol
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• that is close to what my kids are my daughter was 1 yr and a month older than my twin boys. Unfortunatly I was on hospital bed rest so she was home with hubby. She was great when we came home though. A little jealous however whenever the boys were sleeping I did things with her - read her stories, played with her etc. Just make sure to give your LO some one on one time with out the baby. :o) Congrats momma!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The end of a pregnancy isn't easy without kids... So expect it to be a litlte bit harder this time around. :) The big kid and the new baby have always done just fine in our house. The trick for us was letting the big kid participate in the care of the baby.It made them feel important, built bonds, and even years later, the bigger kids feel they have to be responsible for the little kids. (IE- Little kid is out of TP in the bathroom. Big kid will go get a roll and put it on the holder for them.) We have four kids, sixteen months between each. They are now 6, almost 5, 3.5, and 2. The hardest was going from one to two. After that, it's just a matter of keeping all your ducks in a row. ;)
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 3:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My 1st 2 are 11 months and 2 days apart. The end of my pregnancy was ok except for the constant fatigue. Make sure to stay on top of your prenatals. They make a world of difference. When you bring baby home, try to take it easy. The house doesn't have to be spot-less and everyone doesn't have to have gourmet meals while you're healing. I strongly suggest you freeze a few meals before going in to have the baby. It'll make it MUCH easier. And accept help from anyone who offers. Good luck and congrats!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My oldest two are 362 days apart. My DD was a good baby so I don't rememeber it being so hard but I was going through a hard time in my life so dealing with her was one of the high points. It's hard having 2 in diapers but time really flys by and I really liked it when they got older.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My boys are 17 mos apart. It was hard taking care of a toddler when I was pregnant sometimes! The transition once baby was born was really easy. When the older one is that young, after about a day they forget that it used to be just them LOL!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Mine are 4 years apart ... But wanted to say just take it day by day and make suer you include the oder one alot when the little one comes home...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 5:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010