I would like to send my friend that recently had a baby a care package type gift, what all do you think would be good to put in it?

She is one of those people that has EVERYTHING,lol. This is her second baby and both were boys. She had saved everything from the first baby so she says that she has everything and some things she has TWO of,lol. She lives kind of far from me. I really would like to send her a package...I want to lift her spirits up a bit. Her mom had passed away when she was 5 months pregnant and she's having a little bit of a difficult time getting past the grief and wanting her mom to be here to see her newest grandchild.
I was wanting to send some baby items and maybe something small for herself too. A whole box full of little stuff.

Any ideas for what I could put in there? If it were you..what do you think you would like to recieve?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Since u said she has everything they need how about send HER a care package? Full of lotions, body wash, scented oils, bath fizz.....things like that!! So she can pamper herself a bit and give her a bath getaway...lol!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree if she already has everything she needs for the baby then put a congratulations on your new baby card in there. Maybe one little thing for the baby and then a whole whack of stuff for her.
    tinkerbell319 has the right idea. All things for her to relax and pamper herself with
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Get her things that get used up because those things, even the person who has everything, she will always need. Get:
    diaper rash cream, baby shampoo, baby bar soap (way better for them than the liquid), teething tablets, baby gas drops, diapers, baby wipes, even a thing of infant tylenol would be handy. I had 3 babies in less than 3.5 years time. Those things I listed I had to buy again when I had my 2nd and yet again when I had my 3rd.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• maybe a gift card for pizza for a coffee shop just for her and maybe a nice picture frame for the baby
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would send her a gift card. Then she can buy what she wants to.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Waleda makes the best baby care stuff. I would get her a package containing all the baby products from Waleda. This was one of the BEST gifts i got for my baby shower. As soon as i used up that package, i went & bought it again because i loved it so much You can never have enough organic yummy smelling baby lotions, soaps, oils, shampoos & rash ointments.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Baby wipes, lotion for baby and her, bubble bath for her, chocolates or whatever treat she would like, baby powder, baby shampoo and wash (maybe that wash that is for nighttime to calm the baby), maybe a cute fun bottle.

Anything that she will need to buy over and over again, like the shampoo.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks so much for all the great answers! Can't wait to get out and go shopping now,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010