How do you NOT know that oyou are pregnant?

After 3 kids and one moreton the way, I have been wondering, how can you really not know your are pregnant. I know that most women who say this are over weight, but after a few months of constant movement and kicking, something has to give in. Are they in such denial that they make themselves believe they are pregnant? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ya I don't get it either. Like you just have to know something is off...or at least be showing some. I also watched that "i didn't know I was pregnant show" and they all said they just felt like they had to take a BM. Really? If I thought it was just a BM that hurt that freaking bad, I'd be taking myself to the ER and fast!
    ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sometimes you can have a tipped uterus that doesn't let you feel the movement. I didn't know until I was 18 weeks, but, I would have known if I waited any longer. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have 2 friends that didn't know and I asked one, she said in the back of her mind she should have known.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I watched a show on discovery health about that. Its strange, but I guess it really does happen. Some women think that they can not get pregnant so when they do get pregnant and don't show the typical pregnancy symptoms...like thes still get a monthly period or they don't get one because they've always been like that they don't know right off the bat like most of us would.
    As far as not feeling fetal movement and stuff...I have no idea! LOL...I couldnt not know I was pregnant thats for sure,lol. Its a strange thing to happen to someone, but not unbelieveable!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have also watched that show, "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" or something like that. I can barely believe it, although I guess I do see HOW they could not figure it out. What surprises me the most is that not all of the moms are first timers. Some have had kids already.

I somewhat easily believe not realizing it until you're about 20 weeks along, but when you get too far after that, it seems like you would have enough weird things going on that in the very least, you should go to a doctor for a check up.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was about 12 weeks along when I found out I was pregnant with DS but I had no symptoms that I was pregnant. No morning sickness, wasn't tired. It was when I skipped 3 periods I finally made an appt with my OB/GYN and lo and behold it was a boy.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well with my 3rd I was 20 weeks when I found out. I didn't know because I was bleeding for 18 weeks which I thought was my period til on my 20th week I went to the ER because I felt like I when I was in labor with my 2 older kids and sure enough I was. They were able to stop the contractions and I had preterm labor issues off and on from that point on, but I was able to carry her to 38 weeks with the help of meds at home and I was in and out of the hospital.
    allmyblessings

Answer by allmyblessings at 3:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I used to babysit for a woman that had regular periods for her first four months and had no pregnancy symptoms, not even weight gain. She found out when she was 5 months along when she went to the Dr. after missing one period and was farther along than she believed she was.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 3:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I can see how it can be missed. Especially if they aren't on a regular/normal cycle, etc. As far as pregnancy symptoms and baby's movement, not everyone gets them. If it wasn't for the fact that I missed my period I wouldn't have known I was pregnant with our first until I was 7 months along. I didn't have any symptoms. I didn't start to get a belly till I was 5 motnhs and even then I would have just thought i put weight on. I didn't feel him move regularly until well after 5 months. I was in and out of the doc since I was 15 weeks for ultra sounds because i wasn't feeling him move. He was a very inactive baby. People would ask me how far along I was and when I would tell them they would look at me like I was crazy cause i was "So small". I sure made up for that by the end lol.

Now with my other two, there was NO doubt I was pregnant LOL. I was HUGE by 5 months with both of them. Constant morning sickness and baby movements
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 4:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've seen that show - and it completely amazes me! This one lady was skinny and didn't even have any kind of pooch to her tummy and she'd been having regular periods and suddenly she went into labor!

I'm tiny and show before 12 weeks so it really baffles me! But I do know one lady who is really obese and she didn't tell anyone that she was pregnant until she was 8 months along, and nobody had any clue because she didn't look any different.
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 4:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010