Sex & Pregnancy

I am 6 weeks along and my doctor asked me to refrain from sex until I see my OBGYN. I should have asked him and I will at my next appointment but I wanted to get your opinions...

This refraining from sex, is that just penetration he is referring to you think? Or is it the orgasm that is part of the problem too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Since he didn't specify I would stay away from orgasm altogether, and you should probably call and ask him whay he said to refrain. It's probably something you need to know, refraining from sex is not a normal recommendation during pregnancy.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• probably all of it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had sex all the way through and nothing went wrong. but I guess it all depends on a persons' circumstances.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Have you had problems conceiving or with miscarriage? Are you having problems that would lead to that recommendation? I can't think of another reason he would say that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Unless you're having a complication then it's just that dumb doctor's bias toward sex and pregnancy. If you are having complications refrain from penetration and orgasm as well. Even though most complications don't require abstinence.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I had a miscarriage my last pregnancy and I have had 3 surgeries for Endometriosis
    SupriseImPregy

Answer by SupriseImPregy at 3:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010