I thought I'd heard it all....

http://blog.getliberty.org/default.asp?Display=2412

The new healthcare plan allows, no forces Dentists to report on the condition of your teeth?
Can this get any worse?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• And it is called................Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act." We are tracking your teeth for your own good. Trust us."

This is the type of stuff that makes me start searching for my straight jacket.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• WTF for? Government departments already can't process all of the information coming their way (or won't, take your pick). What on Earth will they do with this information? Guess I better read your link.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oral Health Care Surveillance System? Seriously? Here is another link. The information is on page 4 of the link.

http://www.gih.org/usr_doc/CDHP_Summary_of_Dental_Provisions_in_Health_Reform_-_House_and_Senate.pdf

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• With all the other shit in that bill, why are you suprised?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Just read it. *head desk* What more? But no, I'm not actually surprised.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• WHAT?! Really? You know, this is to prove the assumption that people in the south/southeast have bad/very few teeth. I swear. Thankfully I'm not a "mountain girl" and I still have all of mine :)
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I just read the article but do not see any part of the bill quoted that actually says that the information has to be reported back to the Feds, except the author saying that for comedic effect. My dentist examines every tooth each visit. Is it possible that the bill is simply outlining the basics of the dental plan?

I do agree that Pelosi's comment that the bill has to be passed before we know what is in it is ridiculous.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 4:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Little-
    Why on earth would they put that in there if they didn't want it reported? It IS in the bill, check it out. They even give you the page and paragraph
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• More regs that don't improve health care, but just increase paperwork, rules, and costs.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010