How far along were you when you started getting ready for baby?

I have about 9 weeks to go and starting to get the urge to start setting up everything, like the crib, swing, and washing his clothes all that good stuff:) i was just wondering how far along all of you were when you started nesting, and decided to get everything put up and ready?

whatthefawna

Asked by whatthefawna at 4:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think I stared around the same time, hubby and I were on a very tight budget so officially we could not start getting ready until the baby shower. My mom gave me a baby shower and pretty much explained our situation to the people she invited, everyone was great and we only asked for the essentials, not anything xtra but yes like around 9 weeks I had the same urge :) congrats mama, you're almost there!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• 1st -- 36 weeks and had her at 38 weeks

2nd -- never got the chance to even start...I had pPROM at 30 weeks then delivered at 32 weeks. I got everything ready while he was in the NICU...he was in there for 4 weeks.

3rd -- everything was still up from baby #2, so all I had to do was wash the clothes from DD#1 and wash the gifts given for her.

4th -- same the 3rd

5th -- I was 32 weeks when I had my baby shower....that night DH got everything ready and 3 weeks later she was born.
    allmyblessings

Answer by allmyblessings at 4:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I started around 32 weeks really making sure my LO room was all set up(painted,crib set up,bassinet,etc,etc) and that I had neutral color clothes(washed and put away) and of course I needed to make sure my hospital bag was packed just in case because I went early with my 5 yo(36 weeks) so I really wanted to make sure I was prepared this time unlike last time when I was scrambling at the last minute.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I start buying things when I find out what I'm having. With my first, I couldn't wait to get the nursery set up! This time (2nd) they will be sharing a room so there won't be as much for me to do this time. Which is actually kind of nice! :)
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 4:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Pretty close to the end except my middle 2 were all back to back so stuff was all set up.

I'm almost 37 weeks and have nothing for this baby.  We picked up a few onesies (some each blue and pink since we don't know what we are having) and I found some neutral stuff we had left over from our last (I got rid of everything else).  We have an old pack-n-play and that's it.  I'm having a c-section in 2 weeks and we don't even have a car seat yet.

But, we're also moving a few weeks after the baby is born so there's no point in getting a lot out since I'll have to pack it all up.  Any other furniture we want we'll buy once we move.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am 7mths but started at 24weeks his crib is up his swing is out and etc. All my pregnancies are pre-term and so I start getting their nursery set up as a just in case...
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 6:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I didn't start until I was 24 weeks.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2010