Do I have a right to be mad at him & should I expect an apology?

I noticed my bf last night had his computer screen turned away from my view and I asked him, "I'm guessing your doing something that is going to tick me off if I see it huh?" (In other words he was looking at pictures of other girls - naked girls.)

He already knows that stuff hurts my feelings. I have compromised with him and allowed his dirty magazines in the bathroom as long as they are underneath something and I never have to see them.

But to look at that with ME in the ROOM?

I thought that was just disrespectful of me as a person (not to mention the mother of his child and devoted partner for almost a year and a half). I also felt like he was acting as if hurting me didn't matter or else he wouldn't have been so bold as to do that.

What should I have done and what should I do now?

I told him if he was that bold he might as well not speak or touch me. And this morning I left him a note demanding an apology.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 4:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• You're going to have to decide how much this bothers you. You are not married yet, and you need to figure this out before that ever happens. Personally, I feel that if a man is that interested in other women, he is not going to be trustworthy. I don't allow any of that garbage in our home. This is a Christian home and we are married with children. I don't want it in the house. It would be a big deal to me.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 4:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i would be upset, but then again i am married to a sex addict (no i am not kidding) I have battled the pornography with him up until January when i found out he was cheating on me with a girl from work. He is now working on over coming his addiction.

You have every right to be upset. You have every right to take a stand against that filth, for the sake of your relationship.

"If you are being sneaky, then you know that what you are doing is wrong!"
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Anyone who has grown accustomed to your tolerarting their disrepect will not see anything wrong with their behavior, much less consider offering an apology. If you have already let him know it hurts your feelings, it's either tell him again and hope for the best or take a stand and prepare for the worst.
    Ernistine

Answer by Ernistine at 4:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• If this bothers you so much and he doesnt respect you enough to take that into consideration, why do you want to keep him around?
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well you have to decide if this is a dealbreaker or not
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Aqua
    This is the first timehe has been rude enough to do that is the same room as me. I keep him around because in every other part of our relationship he is outstanding and wonderful. My kids love him and we just had a baby together on St. Patrick's Day.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• To me one(the mags) is no worse or better than the other(the comp with you in the room). You need to figure out how you really feel about this, and talk to him. Dont be accusing, after all you have given him the go ahead for magazines, watching people online is not that big of a stretch. Figure out the reason this bothers you so bad, and go from there. If you feel strongly about this, or if it really hurts you, dont just sit back and let it fester till it reaches a breaking point.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 5:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010