if you have very irregular periods how hard was it for you to get pregnant?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have irregular periods. I got pregnant with my 1st the 1st month I tired. With my 2nd it took longer I'd say 6 months?
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The first time I used clomid, the second was on the first try! If you know your fertility signs you have a much better chance of catching that egg!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 4:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It depends on why you have irregular periods- I tried for 4 years (off and on) until getting fertility help (clomid and insemination). I think you should talk to your doctor as far as the cause of the irregular periods. Sometimes there could be a hormonal imbalance, and sometimes it could mean you are not ovulating (PCOS, which is what I have).
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 4:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have a period maybe 3 times a year at most. With my first pregnancy: we tried for 6 months before we finally had any success! My second and third pregnancies were both unexpected. However the second was a miscarriage and a month later I became pregnant the third time! Quick!!

I would still have the symptoms of a monthly period (cramps, mood swings, cravings, etc) Just no mess. Before I had kids I had cervical cancer removed, and I was told "good luck having children" Well, I proved them wrong!
    MammaZogg85

Answer by MammaZogg85 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Got to find out why! Go to a RE for testing
    Nenej007

Answer by Nenej007 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2010