Is there anything you can do about depression?

If you don't have insurance and you don't qualify for it, or have the money to pay out of pocket for medical intervention? I'm not in a good place right now and I don't how to fix it..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Health

• Try lifeskills in your area. They charge based on income. My husband made at the time just over 40,000/year and I only had to pay $15 per visit.
    It helped me at the time.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Call Catholic Charities. They can help you with counseling, not sure about the medications though. But they will know what to do to help you. Please don't think you need to belong to the church or be a member. They will help anyone. Plus its free!! Good luck to you! Its no fun dealing with depression. Hang in there!!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sun light helps a lot. Some communities have income based heealth clinics that hlp get you medication for it. Also call see if any of the reaserch centers are doing a study on depresion you can get free care that way and maybe even make a little extra money. Get around family and friends even if you do not feel like geting out of bed.

Msg me if you want.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks for the suggestion but their doesn't seem to be a lifeskills in my state.
    TNmom2three

Answer by TNmom2three at 4:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The best help I ever got, really the only help I ever got, was from a counselor in a church. Most cases of depression are not chemically caused but are rather caused by previous life experiences with which we have never dealt. Anger is quite often at the root of depression, as it was in my case. It was anger that had never been properly expressed and it cannot be gotten rid of until it is faced and dealt with. If I were in your shoes today, I would call the churches in my area, explain the problem and ask if they have anyone who could help me. I did pay a small fee, but it was left up to me. I was really not charged anything.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• MHMR can help with meds.

I know when i sink into depression, a really good cry usually helps a lot.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 4:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Exercise can help, even just a brisk walk can release endorphins and make you feel better. Good luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010