Face Rash

My 7 month old son has a rash on his face. Should I worry? What can I do about it?

He has it for a while now, maybe 2 days, probably from eating solid and me not cleaning it off 100% right away.

Any advice?

New mom

youens

Asked by youens at 4:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it around his mouth? It could be from solid food. With the hot weather it could also be heat rash.
    SandraLee242

Answer by SandraLee242 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Leave it alone.
    Unless it is interfering with vision, or is causing severe swelling or gets worse or starts ooziing or looks infected don't worry about it.
    What did you feed him? What does the rash look like?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We fed him Gerber's banana/blue berry puree. His rash is pink and it's spread to his eye. He appeared to be very tired. I guess it may be heat rash. We kept him cool all day today and my husband put him down for a nap before I got home and he's still asleep.
    youens

Comment by youens (original poster) at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It could be a couple things.. if hes teething it could be from the drool, or like you said it could be a heat rash!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010