I'm going to Vegas in 2 weeks....

I have never been and I'm soooo excited!!!! We are bringing my son however we are dropping him off at his aunt's house (she lives in Vegas and he is only a year old) We are a young couple, over 21.... is there any places we must see or things we must do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The roller coaster at the New York New York is awesome. My boys ;love the craziness at the top of Stratosphere...but you couldn't get me there to save my life. I love to walk through the shops at the Venetian. Madame Tussauds is always a great one for us. We don't gamble much. When we get stuck going to Vegas it is generally on bisiness. Watching the the pirate show at Treasure Island is fun, the volcano..at the Mirage (I think), water show at the Bellagio or Ceasars (can't remember)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• How long are you going to be there? My husband and I really do not gamble, but I loved just going into all of the casinos and looking at them. Some of them are really fantastic. The Venetian has a gondola ride inside of the casino. New York, New York is fabulous. The water show outside the Bellagio is good. I heard the Volcano show is good too, but it was closed when we were there. We took a day trip to the Grand Canyon, as my husband had never been there either and it was a good trip. Oh, geez, I can't even think right now. I'll havae to come back to this question later. We loved it and I'm sure others will give you lots of ideas as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ohhhh, i'm so jealous! i love Vegas! i've been twice. We did the helecoptor tour to the grand canyon. That was pretty cool. I just love to walk around each hotel. Each one is like it's own little city. They all have a "free" attraction you can look at too. We always do the breakfast buffet at the Flamingo. Breakfast is cheaper and it has wonderful views of the birds and flamingo's walking around outside where you sit! It's beautiful. Wear comfy shoes too! I hated the "old vegas" or down town area. I was dissapointed. It looked nasty and it was alot of the "tacky" people. You know, men with beer guts and no shirts on. Think National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation! LOL but...have fun!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Going to Freemont Street Experience at night to see the light show can be fun though. Cheap eats and drinks too. Way cheaper than the strip.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• op here... i'll be there for 5 days
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• 5 days is an eternity in Vegas. Been there done that. You couild day trip down to Bullhead City AZ to the river. Don't forget Lake Mead at the Hoover dam..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010