Do you think that one 4 oz glass of red wine every day is excessive?

How about every other day?

Why or why not? Is your opinion based on our culture in America?

What if we lived somewhere like France, where it is normal to have a glass of wine with dinner each night - is that excessive?

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 4:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not excessive at all. then again I AM French so it's noraml. Even when PG the women in my family drink one glass of wine watered down with dinner. My grandpa yells at me that I don't drink enough wine. lol I remember my baby brother having wine in his bottle ( just a drop with water) and he's a a 4.0 GPA Freak of nature! lol and I had my first drink at 9. I think American's over do everything, they really don't know how to control drinking at all.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It would depend on whether this person was getting drunk on said glass of wine. I know for me, it would make me a tad bit tipsy. But I think every other day wouldn't be so bad.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, I would not consider it excessive. Many studies show that drinking red wine in moderate amounts is good for you.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• not at all
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No I wouldn't consider 1 glass of red wine per day excessive. I personally wouldn't do it because I have to be in the mood to drink.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No, not at all. I think it's fine. In Italy they drink wine regularly cut with a little water with meals and it's usually the homemade type which is higher in alcohol. They have very long life spans too! I can't drink wine though, it makes my feet swell.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not at all. I know that some cultures, to drink a glass of wine each night with dinner is the norm. It cleans the "palate" (lol, i feel like a snob typing that word) so that it helps make the taste of food even better.
    I know my family in Europe drink a glass of wine or a beer with dinner each night. They even offered me some when I went, and I was only 10! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No. I drink about 6 oz a night most nights. While I check all my msg or watch a show I have a glass. It's my only "habbit" I have.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Pauline- unless you get home made wine here in the states, it ALL contains sulfites- the reason your feet swell.

No, it's not excessive at all. 4 oz is a 1/2 cup measure. I see not a thing wrong with it, and in moderation, alcohol improves blood flow. (part of the reason it helps some people get in the mood)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010