So what would you do?

my son has gone number 2, and hubby is sitting right beside him on the couch. my son 2 takes off his diaper to tell dad he is dirty. dad tells him to go wash, then proceeds to look at me like im supposed to jump up to give him the bath. after 5 minutes, he tells DS again to go wash, and sends him off towards the bathroom, but he proceeds to sit back in the chair and LAID back in the recliner! what as ass hes been home for 2 hours, every time son tries to touch something he tells him to go wash, but makes no move to wash him lol! guess i will have to do that too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like a mom/dad "doody" stand off,LOL.
    I'm picturing myself in that situation...if that was my dh, I'd stare him down until he got off his butt and took care of his child,lol. Or I might get really childish and go kick the side of the recliner and then go wash the baby myself,lol.
    Go wash the baby, and when its time for dinner, only make something for yourself and the baby and when dh wonders where his is at..say "Go wash" and look away from him,lol. He may get the hint.
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• When one of my children does something like this I usually ask my husband if he would like to change the baby/take care of the mess or do something else, like make dinner or put all the laundry away. That way even if he isn't changing the baby he is at least helping with something. I usually suggest something that i don't like doing so he helps out with something I really don't want to do.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Wow! I am so sorry!!! My husband is so helpful, I am truly blessed. I would have probably said something to him... for HIM to do it!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Why do people marry assholes like this? Do you not take the time to get to know someone before signing a marriage license?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010