Salsbury Steak out of Hamburger meat??

Okay.I took out hamburger meat this morning, not knowing what I was going to do with it, I just knew I had to take SOMETHING out for dinner,lol.
So..I ask the dh (since he is mr.cookman,lol) what he wanted and he said, if you have cream of mushroom soup in the cabinet, make salsbury steak with it and some mashed potatoes.
Alrighty...I've never done that,lol.
Anyone have a recipe for making something like that?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• From Cooks.com
    SALISBURY STEAK

10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup, condensed
    1 1/2 pounds ground beef, lean
    1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 egg, slightly beaten
    1/3 cup water

Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine 1/4 of the soup with remaining ingredients except water; mix well. Shape into 6 patties; arrange in single layer in 13x9-inch or 12x8-inch baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350°F. for 30 minutes. Skim off fat.
    In small bowl, combine remaining soup and water; spoon over patties. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes. If desired, garnish with mushroom slices.

Serving Size: 6

Dont like that recipe then you can just google salisbury steak recipes and find one that suits your needs. Hope this helps...good luck!!!
    MybabyKisses

Answer by MybabyKisses at 4:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This is my made up version ,my family loves it but it is nothing fancy. Mince a onion and a bell pepper if you like them ,an egg white pepper and seasoning such as Worcestershire sauce mix with meat and form into patties.Put a bit of evoo in skillet add more onion and sliced mushrooms and start to brown .Add patties and brown on both sides.Pour in soup with a half can of milk ,a couple splashes of Worcestershire,season to taste and simmer till patties are done and gravy is thicker.I always add a splash of dry sherry but you may want to taste first.If the gravy gets too thick some beef broth can thin it out.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 4:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Instead of making patties I have prepared my meat and pressed it into a 9x13 and cooked it all as one and when it comes out just take a spatula and cut it into squares.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010