Home and Decorating Inspirations

We are in the process of trying to buy a home in this crazy market. Everytime we go see a house I try to imagine how we would decorate each room but I have a huge BLANK everytime! We dont have a lot of furniture so when we move we would be buying everything. Where did or do you get your decorating insperations from? (ex. websites, magazines, blogs.....) Any help would be greatly apprecaited!! TIA!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I LOVE Better Homes and Gardens! But I often pick a certain color and try to decorate everything around that color or colors. But it will have a lot to do with what your house will look like. After you find a house, come on here and describe each room and I bet you'd get lots of helpful ideas. Good luck with the house hunt! :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i started by finding one piece that I fall in love with. buy that piece and work around it.

for example My Butcher-block table. I used it for the inspiration for my dining-room and we ended up with kind-of a country shabby chic look.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010