Tips????

I need tips to really put an 8month pregnant woman to sleep. Insomnia's really getting to me lately. And dont say sex, its getting so painful!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A warm bath, some warm decaf tea, soothing music....
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• A warm bath, a book, a cup of tea, and a lavender candle :) Make sure hubs is still awake to blow out that candle...
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 5:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• just turn the TV on or take a warm bath with some salts in it
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 5:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I use to sleep on the couch when I got big so I could angle into a comfy position. I would also turn the tv onto something boring and let it help bore me to sleep.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You can try relaxation techniques. Here is one. Lie in bed comfortably. Breathe in slowly and out slowly. Continue the slow breathing. Think about gathering up all the tension in your body and breathe it out gently, leaving your whole body relaxed. Think about your feet. Are your feet relaxed? Relax your feet. Relax the lower part of your leg. Relax your knees. Relax the top part of your leg. Your lower abdomen, your lower back, your sides, your stomach... work up your body to your ears, forehead, scalp. As you relax each part, go back and check that everything is still relaxed. Breathe out, relax. Don't let your mind wander. If it does, then bring it back. Even if this doesn't put you to sleep, relaxing this much will help you get some rest.

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• benadryl worked for me EVERYTIME
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh and ask your doctor, he my prescribe something to help.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• OMGarsh. I was going to say the same as BMAT! lol Talk to your body and tell each part to relax starting with face and down. Turn on a fan for noise or for circulation. Lots of pillows.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010