Have any of you heard of MOPS (moms of pre schoolers)

I joined a MOPS group when my twins were two, I really enjoyed the fellowship, listening to some great speekers, mom time, while my twins were up stairs working on arts and crafts with great care givers.. My twins are now 6 and I just graduated from MOPS this june...

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 5:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• YES! I went to MOPS at our old church. I loved it! I didn't really have any friends, so it was great. I can't wait to try to find one where we are moving.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've heard of it, but I don't have a preschooler yet. LOL I know quite a few gals in my neighborhood that go though.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was invited to attend a meeting at a church we visited...and I was intrigued but never made it out. Perhaps I should consider doing so because not having many mom friends nearby is driving me nuts. I'm only 23 so many of my friends don't have kids yet...so I feel like such a dweeb. lol
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• by the time i finally found out about it my daughter was just finishing preschool :(
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 5:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have thought about it, but have been reluctant to join. I am a Christian, but I feel my faith is such a private thing, that I don't want to be preached to or to be expected to join in any religious activities.
    I have been looking for one that is not faith based for a while, but there is nothing like that in my town :(
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've heard of it through another mom, but I figured it was a church group and only in her area. Not something that really interested me. Besides like any other playgroup situation seems like you have to be a SAHM to enjoy any of the benefits.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I went for a year when Ally was a toddler....we had a blast!!! She packed a little bag like she was going to "school", and I didn't feel they were pushing their "religion" on me at all. I certainly didn't have the same beliefs that the church that hosted it had, but we had alot of fun, and all of the speakers were very interesting!!!! It was great!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was wondering what it was. I saw a sign for it at a church on the way to school.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 9:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My biggest problem is where the meetings are held. I don't like churches.

Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010