Is the money stopping you from getting a Divorce?

Me and dh have to live together for 2 yrs untill i finish school. We will soon be separated (legally-but under the same roof) but neither of us can afford for the other one to leave just yet. This sucks. If i won the lottory, i would pack my car up and drive around that corner so fast the car would be on two wheels!

forevermom75

Asked by forevermom75 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, we don't believe in divorce, so it isn't an issue for us. We are both from broken homes.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I dont feel like my children will look at it like their home has been broken. We will have dad's house, and mom's house. It's perfectly normal to me. I had rather my children see my smile and be happy than to live all together with such craziness going on. Do people really not believe in divorce? Why would you stay if you were unhappy? Isnt it your life? just wondering...
    forevermom75

Comment by forevermom75 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I'm with you forevermon 75, some people feel like divorce is the worst option when really things can work out and you can raise your children in 2 separate homes and they will be perfectly fine. I think its better to divorce then sit around being unhappy.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I know a lot of people in unhappy marriages, and that seems to be the prevailing theme--"I can't leave because I don't have enough money". Boy, if everyone had "enough money", I don't know if there'd be any married couples left.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010