SAHM's, would you...

I'm often very tired of the effort required to keep things even semi-happy. If you could support yourself and your babies, would you consider a divorce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes. Where there is a will, there is away.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I did and I didn't have a way to support my son when I left. But I didn't have a choice and had to leave. If you aren't happy in the relationship anymore then you owe it to yourself to leave.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't because first I'm not married...lol and second I am completely in love with SO. But if you are not happy you shouldn't stay. Figure something else out, because staying in a loveless marriage is not good on you or your children. Good Luck.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have thought about leaving before because as you said you can get really tired trying to just keep up with everything. I know I could support me and DS alone but I didnt want to just throw away my marriage. I would suggest talking to you SO and telling him what you need more in your relationship and ask him what he needs, and work on those needs together. Good luck!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Absolutely not. I love my hubby way too much to even consider it.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No. I made a vow. It involved "for better or worse."

barring physical harm, I'm in it for better or worse.

Seek counseling to see if you can work things out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am a sahm but I do have a way to support me and my children.We have had some issues along the way so we went to couples therapy.We have been married 30 years and would go to couples therapy again if needed.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No!! I got married for better or worse and it would take something REALLY bad to make me even CONSIDER divorce.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• for better or worse............so nope!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No I wouldn't, I have a really good marriage. If things ever got to the point where I would consider it, I would get a job and make sure I could support myself and the kids.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010