What do you think of these baby names?

My husband and I are 21 weeks pregnant with twin girls. We know we want their first intials to be N's since it's in our family. (his name is nolan and mine is nicole) however, after months and months of thinking about names we really only like two.... Nalani & Natalia.

Problem is Nalani is hawian (we are irish, german & italian)

and Natalia means born on christmas (and well they are november babies)

does it really matter these days?

HELP! OPINIONS PLEASE!

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 5:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont think it matters if you like the names.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• All that matters is whether you and DH like the names. Most people don't even KNOW the meanings of names. I think they are beautiful names and if you and DH like them, then go for it.

BTW, congrats on the babies! I've always wanted twins. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• they are beautiful names. I would go with them.

My youngest son is "Mikhail Aaron." which is Hebrew and I am German, Irish, and Native American.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It doesn't matter. You can go with your ancestry if you wish, but you don't have to. So pick names that you like.

Answer by Bmat at 5:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I give this suggestion in genuine sincerity... Before my divorce I had David (the father), Damon (ds1), and Dawson (ds2) under one roof- we had to start calling the baby by his middle name (Troy) because it became so completely confusing. One always being called the others name, and it got on everyone's nerves!
    I also grew up with 2 A's and 2 M's in the house, and to this day, my mother still mixes up the A and the M names- I get called amanda, and my brothers get called by the others name...

Try finding two names that are radically different. EVERY set of twins I know, each fights for their individuality, and they go as far as changing their similar names, or going by middle names so that they are not mistaken for the other.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Who cares the names origin? If you like it, then name her that! :D
    I don't even know what origin my kids' names are, but they both have sentimental value so... I could really care less.

I like Nalani, but Natalia and Nalani would be the biggest tongue twister for me. lol.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think you should name your children names you like. :) The meanings rarely come up. My oldest's middle name is Sully (Sullivan) and means "black eyed." His eyes are an icey blue. lol My daughter's name is Molly (variation of Mary) and means Bitter. Well, I haven't bitten her... So I couldn't tell you how she tastes... lol But her personality is FAR from bitter.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 5:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I like both names, and I'm fairly picky when it comes to names. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I say if you like them, go for it.
    If you decide not to, my two cents:

Nora, Nina, Nola, Nadia, Natasha.

Actually, I love Natalie!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Congratulation on your twins! I like both of your names individually, but together for a set of twins who will often have their names associated with each other, I think it might be too matchy. But, as previous posters have said, all that matters is that you like the names. Good luck!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2010