Pregnant and I just can't get over the fatique...

I feel just awful, all day. I work M-F 8-5 (at a desk, so its not that bad) But I am just so tired. I have trouble keeping my eyes open and when I get home, I just crash. Any advice??

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 5:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you in your first trimester? I felt sooooooo exhausted ALL the time in my 1st trimester, but once I hit the second, I felt great. Hang in there, I never found any remedies. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yeah your body is doing a big job right now. Get some blood work done and test for anemia. This is a regulare practice from your OB. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• First trimester? I was so fatigued until 16 weeks with this pregnancy, I never thought I'd get over it. But I'm almost 20 weeks now and I've been energetic for a few weeks now. Hang in there! Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 5:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with everyone up here the first trimester you feel like you haven't slept or you have been going and going and all energy is gone you don't want to do anything but sleep. There is no cure for it till about your second trimester. I'm in my second trimester now and 18 wks and I'm still tired but no where near as wore out as I was. If I got up to do my dishes I felt like I ran a marathon it was horrible. My husband didn't help either when he would throw in my face what you do all day besides sit or lay down he doesn't understand that when you get pregnant that your body goes through a lot of work trying to prepare for the babies growth and it wears your body down bad your body is trying to form the baby brain, feet, hands, eyes, ears, body, the placenta is trying to form too along with your babies heart it's a lot of work lol. Good luck.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I felt the same fatigue.. Finally, at 26 weeks, I had the screening for gestational diabetes.. turns out that was why I was so tired! Not only was I eating all the wrong stuff.. but I wasn't eating enough. If you haven't been tested yet, ask your doctor if it's possible that you have this. If not.. , it could be that even though you don't feel like doing it, you may need to start exercising.. sometimes that helps you get energy.
    comermom

Answer by comermom at 2:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2010