How much money do you get from your husband being a stay at home mom?

I get about $20 a month to no money at all. Wondering what other stay at home moms are making out there.

destinys1

Asked by destinys1 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• We pretty much make money spending decisions together and neither one of us really "gives" the other any kind of allowance.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I get whatever I want from him. If I want to go out and spend money he tells me to just go ahead and do it. I don't think that you should have an allowance being married... That's just so wrong. JMO though.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Why do you have to be paid? I understand needing to purchase things for yourself, but why do they have to pay you to stay home. You are both contributing to the family just in different aspects. I wouldn't expect mine to "pay" me for staying home. When I worked part time he pitched in for the things that I needed for me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• we are too broke to have extra money. if i need something though i get it. it's not like he needs to pay me to stay home with his child. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We do not have a limit on how much I get. I pick up my husbands checks every Friday and deposit some in his checking, some in savings, and usually take around $200-300 a week for myself. So i guess i get around $800-1200 a month plus I babysit so that gives me an extra 100 a week. But I always deposit more in his checking then I do mine so he always has more than I do. I would be upset if my DH only left me with $20 a month!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The good thing about my husband's money is that its half mine.....and then some. We dont keep tabs except I tell him the acct is low so dont overspend.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Besides room, board, clothing, insurance, medications and doctor's fees, transportation and fuel, utilities, help with the children and chores... LOL! Actually I did request that he have an auto-deduction of his salary into an account with just my name. It wasn't a lot, maybe about $100 a month. I saved for several years and bought him a telescope that I knew he'd love. We keep our cash in an envelope and we both help ourselves. Luckily we have similar theories about spending and saving.

Answer by Bmat at 5:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't get a certain amount. If I ask him for it, he gives it to me, lol. Then again, I don't spend a ton of money, do he doesn't mind.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I don't get any sort of money per se. If I need to purchase something he gives me his card. he knows i'm not some crazy lady whos gonna go out on at 5000 dollar dolce gabana shopping spree.

we have a family to take care of.. yes.. but you also need to spend a little on you self to keep you sane... visa versa! and we both understand that so it works out well =)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 5:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• um...you get an allowance? Seriously?

Our paycheck goes into our account. I pay our bills out of it and we do most errands together.

How are you grocery shopping?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010