Have you changed your food buying habits after the recent discovery of lead in kids' food and juices?

Many of you already know that a study found lead in the majority the items tested. The list included kids' juices and foods like fruit cocktail. I don't have a link right now, but you can Google it and see the brand names (and generics) to avoid.

It is very discouraging. My family is dependent on the food supply. We are not in a position to grow our own food right now.

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 5:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• found a list

http://www.inhabitots.com/2010/06/11/85-of-kids-drinks-snacks-could-contain-high-levels-of-lead/

I actually somehow missed this so I'm reading up on it now

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thanks!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The group, Environment Law Foundation, is rather left wing. I know people don't like to have stuff like that pointed out, but they have an interest in making allegations like this. It said the food "could be contaminated". It didn't say the food IS contaminated. The ELF puts these allegations out there and POOF - industry ruined. Research your sources first and then decide if you can trust them to not have an agenda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_Law_Foundation

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope. We don't buy juice very often. I mean like a couple of times a year, so I am not really worried about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I hadnt even heard about this yet! I am way behind on the news we have been so busy.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yay! my regular juices aren't on the list, I have nothing to worry about!
    DarkFaery131

• We don't buy canned fruit either...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• No juice, and very few "prepared" foods in this house!!!
    We eat smoothies made from fresh and frozen fruits- not juices (which are nothing but empty calories).
    I cook from scratch, with raw ingredients..
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• WE do smoothies too! Every friday after farmers market that is the first thing the kids ask for when we get home :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I rarely buy juices that are on that list normally I get v-8 fusion drinks and water them down for my son and we only eat fresh fruits snd vegetables I hate canned goods that I didn't can myself.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 5:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010