4y/o and 4 letter words

OK today i was in my local wal-mart getting a dress and groceries and as i turn to go down aisle 3 where the ice cream is there was a women and her son who appears to be 4-4.5 y/o and he was wanting the ice cream bars on a stick that looked like Diego and his pals from GO DIEGO GO. And his mom was telling him no and taking the box from him and putting it back in the freezer and he was running back to get it out again. she grabbed his hand spun him around he stopped in his tracks looked up at her and said clear as day and i quote *well aint you just a cunt*
this lady had a newborn in the cart where this boy could sit so he had to walk next to her.

ok my question is what would you do if it was you child saying this and what would your parent(s) do if you had said this?

Prayingforbaby1

Asked by Prayingforbaby1 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My butt would have been so red hot from being blistered that I probably would not have been able to sit for a week. That or I would have been frothing at the mouth from the bar of soap that would have been placed that.

If it had been me, I would have left the store and washed his mouth out with soap.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would have had my mouth smacked right there in the store, I would have had my mouth washed out at home. I had more respect for my mother than to ever talk to her like that. I will expect the same of my children and they will more than likely have the same consequences for that type of behavior.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i had my 3y/o dd and my 6 y/o niece with me and when we got back out to the car after our shopping trip the 6y/o asked me what was a cunt
    Prayingforbaby1

Comment by Prayingforbaby1 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• This is not the kids fault, I don't know where he is hearing this from but if were me I'd find out and stop it.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i've seen them before they live a few doors down from me in the apartment complex
    Prayingforbaby1

Comment by Prayingforbaby1 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I saw four letter word and thought... Well, I didn't think THAT. OMG. I'd fly off the handle if one of my kids uttered THAT word. If I'd said it, heck if I said it NOW, in front of my parents, I'd likely be in some deeeeeeep trouble. Beating of the century if it was in front of my mother. As a PP said tho... Obviously he hears this language and if the mom didn't do anything... Bad parenting is all I can think. That boy is in for a rude awakening when he goes to school.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i dont know if she did anything i havent gotten to know them yet because they apparently are new to the complex. she may have waited until they got home but alas idk
    Prayingforbaby1

Comment by Prayingforbaby1 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would have put on my scary mom face and asked exactly where he heard a word like that. That's what I did when he first used the word bitch because it was very clear he knew exactly what he was saying and that he shouldn't be saying it. It took a couple of weeks of reminders but he's stopped saying it now. My sister once tried to teach him to say that word when he was 23 months and she got a very large piece of my mind over that. Of course when I told my mother about it she didn't believe me but if she had I wouldn't have been surprised to see my 23 year old sister getting a bare butt spanking for that.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• oh wow....yeah thats not a word i expect to come out of a 4 yr old. Hell most of the adults i know dont say that word and they cuss alot. I would have taken my daughter to the bathroom and given her a very LONG lecture about that word. I wouldnt have waited til i got home because that is too long of a time lapse between her saying it and getting home (we live a ways away from the store).
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2010