How can I stop them from speaking in Whinese?

I'm about to go postal if these kids don't stop the whiiiiiiiiiiiining. I've already explained that I don't speak Whinese. I've already asked if they want some cheese with their whine.
Is it time for the duct tape yet?

yogapantz

Asked by yogapantz at 5:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOLOL! Whinese! That's great. I'm SOOO going to be using that term from now on, haha. As for a solution, I seriously have no idea. Why son is only 9 months, so I've yet to be able to reason with him on his whining. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I ignore mine until they say whatever it is normally. I don't care if I understand what was whined.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Don't hear them if they whine. "Did somebody say something? All I heard was whining." Like that. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 5:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My son* :)
    LovingSAHMommy

• Yours today too?

I simply walk away, and tell them that I will not do ***ANYTHING*** for them until they decide to speak to me properly, in a kind tone of voice. And then I hold true to it. I turn on some music, and tune them out until they decide that they actually need something from me, and want to SPEAK, rather than whine.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• omg, when you figure this out message me! my son whines from the second he wakes up til the time he goes to bed, i'm not sure but he might whine in his sleep!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• my youngest son is a whinner and I tell him once that I cannot understand him when he whines and to come back when he can ask properly..It usually only takes once. If he is whining about something he thinks is unfair or he is angry about I tell him to go vent in his bedroom.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• wow * I will not do anything for you until you decide to speak to me properly* just got done mowing the lawn in the heat, and I'm feelin loopy... wonder ho many more responses of mine are effed up.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I do a few things.
    Tell them to calm down.
    Tell them to talk, stop crying.
    Go to your room until you stop crying and you want to talk to me.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Ignore them ubtil they speak your language, then acknowledge.

Answer by older at 5:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010