At what age did you start potty training?

My daughter is 18 months old and I know I'll have to start thinking about it in the next few months or so. We haven't introduced the potty yet but I think we will in the next six months.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• both my daughters were potty trained by 2 - my boys though are 2 now and have had NO interest in the potty......
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I potty trained my son at 2 and 1/2 years old. I was pregnant and didn't want to have 2 in diapers. I did the 3 Day Method and it worked....at least for the daytime. Night time took longer and even now we still have the ocassional accident.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I started training my boys about three years. They didn't show any interest. My daughter, however, began using the potty with much success about 18m old. She's two now and we only wear diapers when we're going to Grandma's house. lol
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 6:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I started at 18 months only because she seemed interested in learning.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 6:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We started potty training our son around 16 months of age. He's 22 months old now and he is almost fully trained (he's still having some nighttime accidents). A lot of people say to wait until the child shows interest, but that's not necessarily the case. I would notice our son squatting in the corner or grabbing himself when he was going in his diapers, and that's when I knew it was time to start training him. He noticed that he was doing something and it was becoming uncomfortable for him. The thing is to make it fun and make a deal of everything! Let them help you choose the potty, set it up, and just make it a fun process.
    tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My oldest was potty trained by 16 months and my youngest by two
    MBax

Answer by MBax at 11:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010