Ice Cream Truck at Public Park - Yay or Nay?

The ice cream truck shows up like every two hours at the park we were at today. I think that's incredibly tacky. Sometimes I don't bring money to the park and I feel bad for the kids that see others get ice cream and they don't. What do you think?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 6:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think an ice cream truck at a park is a good idea, but not showing up that often. It is a smart move on their part, but not so great for moms who don't constantly serve as an atm.
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I say Yay - next time slip a $5 into your pocket just in case :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 6:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The ice cream man is just trying to make money. Kids need to learn that they can't always get what they want, all the time. My kids don't get ice cream every time they want it. They have survived, all the other kids will too.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Start bring money with you.

Answer by louise2 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would love it. Our truck only comes around twice a week and it's hard to catch. We always get out kids icecream when it comes by and we can get outside to catch it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• They only annoy me because they make so much freaking noise.  Otherwise I don't care but I never buy my kids ice cream off of them and they know it.  We also have the guys with the little carts selling the very yummy popsicles and milk bars but I don't le the kids get them either.  They show up at the park when school gets out and it is crazy over there.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think if you buy kids ice cream everytime the truck comes around than they'll always expect it. my two boys earn most the treats they get with little extra chores that they come up with themselves. like taking the trash out without me asking. Than I know that if there comes a time when i don't have the money for something that they want they'll understand. So my answer would be nay
    MBax

Answer by MBax at 6:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Why is it tacky? its a PARK! LOL....That's a KIDS heaven!! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We love the ice cream truck! It's always a welcome break as far as I'm concerned. Bring some money next time, you know it's coming.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2010